Cellar Door Manager
Millbrook is a stunning, multi-award winning winery, cellar door, restaurant and function venue located in Jarrahdale, 50 minutes southeast of Perth and is part of the Fogarty Wine Group.
The Millbrook wines showcase an incredible array of varietals from around Western Australia, including alternative varietals such as Fiano, Verdejo, Chenin Blanc and Tempranillo. The 20-acre vineyard is planted with Viognier, Petit Verdot, Shiraz, Merlot and Grenache with modern and sustainable viticultural practices used.
The wines have been highly reviewed by critics from around Australia, including Ray Jordan and the Halliday Wine Companion.
The restaurant was awarded Gourmet Travellers WA Restaurant of the Year 2022.
About the Role
The Cellar Door Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Cellar Door and achieving established key performance measures relating to sales, customer service/satisfaction and staff morale.
The position is full-time and work days are Thursday to Monday, 9:30am to 5:30pm.
- Cellar Door sales and customer service
- Optimise performance of the Cellar Door channel
- Department reporting and management of Cellar Door budget
- Supervision, staff rostering and team building
- Coordination and promotion of the FWG Rewards Club Program
- Hygiene, sanitation and safety
- Coordinate all aspects of inventory control relating to Cellar Door
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Millbrook Winery products
Skills & Experience
- Current Approved Managers Card / RSA
- Extensive wine knowledge and sales experience
- Exemplary customer service skills
- High level of proficiency of Microsoft Office programs
- Punctuality and reliability
- High standard of personal presentation
- Knowledge of key administrative processes in a sales or related environment
- Strong knowledge of EFTPOS, POS software systems and online payment gateway systems
- High level planning and organisational skills
- Work for one of the most awarded and highly regarded boutique wineries
- Friendly and positive work environment
- Great hours, lunchtime restaurant service and Friday/Saturday events only.
How to Apply
Applicants must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian working visa.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to Dominic Gee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the styles and properties of wine?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Cellar Door Supervisor?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's license?
We thank all candidates for their applications, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.