Millbrook is a stunning, multi-award-winning winery, cellar door, restaurant and function venue located in Jarrahdale, 50 minutes southeast of Perth and is part of the Fogarty Wine Group.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate manager who will continue to build on Millbrook's excellent reputation as a food and wine destination, and function venue.
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Chef and dotted line to the Chief Operating and Financial Officer, the Venue Manager is responsible for the operation of our restaurant and function facility, which has seating for 130 guests upstairs and 50 downstairs, and the winery cellar door. The Venue Manager will manage the front of house team to consistently achieve the highest levels of customer service and hospitality.
The role involves a five-day week, Thursday to Monday for lunch service, as well as overseeing the commencement of some wedding functions mainly held on a Friday or Saturday evening.
- Overall management of the hospitality activities including the restaurant, functions and cellar door
- Prepare and manage the relevant budgets and report against operational and financial targets on a monthly basis
- Achieve operational and commercial targets.
- Schedule work shifts and rosters
- Supervise, train and motivate staff to ensure the highest standard of customer service
- Oversee all areas of operations including inventory and ordering
- Maintain health and safety regulations
Skills & Experience
- Proven track record working in a similar role
- Exemplary customer service focus
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively manage a small team to maximise efficiency
- Understanding of financials, labour costs and stock control
- Excellent knowledge of food and wine
- Approved Manager status
- Strong administrative skills
- Computer literate
- Negotiable salary (based on experience and knowledge) and performance incentives
- Yearly wine allowance from the Fogarty Wine Group portfolio
How to Apply
Please apply for this role here.
Your application will include the following questions:
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for stock control?
Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
What's your expected annual base salary?
How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
How many years of business management experience do you have?
How many years' experience do you have as a venue manager?
How many years of people management experience do you have?
We thank all candidates for their applications, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.